It has been a long time, but I've just been inspired to write tonight. By "inspired", I mean "get all worked up out of anger".
I want to preface this by saying that for the people I get attached to and consider my close friend; I care a little too much about the friendship sometimes (regardless of whether they're rl friends or online friends), and I tend to get very emotional, and very sensitive.
I met this boy online, and he became a very close friend of mine. He worked his way to my heart, and proved to me he was in it for the long term.We talked everyday, and enjoyed each others' company. I opened up to him, and trusted him completely. I had started to develop feelings for him too.
Then one day, all of a sudden, he stopped talking to me; wouldn't respond to my messages. He ignored me. We were fine and friendly the night before. I didn't understand: was I being a bad friend? Did I do something wrong? I felt worthless. I was worthless in his eyes. My heart hurt. He had trampled all over it with no remorse. One night I broke down; I cried my eyes out.
The next morning, I felt better. I decided he was not worth my tears anymore and I decided to move on with life. I connected with my true friends, and they gave me the strength to continue on.
He eventually came back, and tried to make amends. His excuse was he got caught up with his hobby and forgot about the world. In my mind, it basically meant our friendship meant nothing.
Thanks to him, I've gotten stronger emotionally. He has not jaded me. I will never let him have the smug satisfaction of doing so. I will still love with all my heart the next time I become close friends with someone, but I will probably take more precautions.
No comments:
Post a Comment